WEDNESDAY 21ST NOVEMBER, MATCH LOUNGE
Hosted by Chris White, CEO, This Way Up
Packaging is increasingly being seen as a key communication channel in delivering health messages for a growing number of brands. Smaller, entrepreneurial brands are leading the pack while the larger established FMCG companies are struggling to re-invent their existing brands or create new ones.
This round table will discuss how brands are approaching this challenge with an increasingly sceptical shopper and consumer who are armed with more knowledge, less time and greater demands from their about food and drink choices. Chris will be looking to encourage a lively discussion around the following topics:
- What are the emerging health brands doing well in their packaging design?
- How are they outsmarting the larger food & drink manufacturers, and what are these larger companies doing to respond?
- What do consumer expect packaging to communicate in terms of health messages?
- What are the key communication opportunities that can be leveraged through effective packaging design?
- How do you build credibility and trust through packaging design?
About the host:
Chris has worked in branding and design for over 25 years in a broad range of global network agencies and smaller boutique consultancies. His company, This Way Up Design specialises in food and drink branding for entrepreneurial start-ups and market leaders, and has forged a reputation for category changing design that engages consumers and grows sales. Their client’s include disrupters like The Lost Food Company, Free’ist, Overhang, One Water, Two Birds Cereals, Nature’s Heart and Heath & Heather as well as global market leaders such as Danone, Unilever, KP Snacks & Molson Coors. This Way Ups work often pioneers the use of superfood ingredients, free from products, herbal and all-natural foods ingredients, as well as foods and drinks with enhanced health benefits.