TUESDAY 20TH NOVEMBER, MATCH LOUNGE
Hosted by: Bird & Bird LLP
In a fast-moving F&B market constantly flooded with new and innovative products and packaging, defining and protecting your intellectual property has never been more important to the commercial success of your business. Leading IP experts from international law firm Bird & Bird will be discussing the following key topics:
- Creating, protecting and developing your brand identity
- Protecting your innovative product and packaging design
- Guarding your secret recipe – the role of trade secrets
- Mind the gap: Brexit-proofing your IP
- Stopping the copycats
About the host:
Bird & Bird has led the way in protecting the ideas that have made some of the world’s greatest companies successful and today we are recognised as a global leader in intellectual property and brand management. This session will be hosted by one of the following experts:
- Ewan Grist, Partner in the Intellectual Property practice, based in London. Ewan's practice focusses on protecting and enforcing hi-tech or otherwise innovative product design and associated branding in a range of different areas, including medical devices, telecommunications and retail & consumer goods.
- Patricia Collis, a Senior Trade Mark Attorney in the Intellectual Property department, based in London. Patricia is an experienced trademarks and designs specialist with a reputation for providing clients with practical, commercially focused advice.
- Emma Green, an Associate in the Intellectual Property department, based in London. Emma works on a range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters, with a particular emphasis on trade mark, brand protection and portfolio management.