Food Matters Live Masterclass
Thursday 1 July 2021 | 10am - 1pm | Price: £99 + VAT
Sustainability and health are closely linked and both of these should be high on the agenda of any small or large manufacturer or retailer. The sourcing of ingredients that are both healthy for the consumer, and that do not impact negatively on the environment, is critical for food businesses going forward.
By the end of this masterclass, you should:
1. Recognise why sourcing of ingredients is a critical part of your overall Sustainability strategy.
2. Understand the concept of sustainable food and why improving sustainability of supply chains is an investment that will pay off.
3. Be able to make improved decisions on sourcing sustainable ingredients and responsible suppliers and how to implement responsible sourcing.
4. Know how to achieve transparency and traceability of dry and fresh ingredients from the farm to manufacturing.
5. Learn how a sustainable sourcing policy can help you market your products.
Meet your speaker:
Lauren Wilson, registered Dietitian and founder of NutriBiz Consulting.
Lauren qualified as a Dietitian and entered the food industry in 2003. She has worked in the field of retail for almost 20 years, working in different areas including on nutrition content for consumer education; nutrition campaigns; food safety programmes for retail and suppliers; product specifications and labelling; sustainable sourcing and employee wellness programmes.