Which software will you be using for the live webcasts?
We will be using BigMarker.
Will I need to download BigMarker’s programme beforehand?
No, there is no programme available for download. You will have access to the webinar through your browser.
What are the system requirements for an optimal experience?
- Access to a desktop or laptop with microphone and webcam
- Please make sure you are on an updated version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge.
- Ideally, you should have an internet speed of 10+mbps for both upload and download.
- If possible, a wired connection is much more stable and will help prevent dropped connections and interference.
- If you are planning on attending from a school, large corporation, or religious institution, make sure you are not behind a Firewall, or open the necessary ports if you are. Further information can be found here.
- To increase your bandwidth, close all programs and applications not being used in your webinar and, if possible, make sure no one else in your household is using the internet during your session
- If your internet speed drops during the presentation and compromises the quality of your image and sound, we may request that you turn your camera off and continue your presentation via audio only
We recommend you check your system here!
What are the operating system requirements?
It is always best to update your operating system if possible. But here are the minimum requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7* or later, Mac OS X 10.6 or later, or Linux: RHEL 5.6 or later, openSUSE 11.3 or later, or Ubuntu 10.04 or later. You can check which operating system you have here.
How will I access my session?
You will receive an email from BigMarker no more than 24 hours from the beginning of your session with a personalised link. When you open the link, you will be granted access to the webinar landing page.
How long in advance can I access my session?
You are advised to join your session 15 minutes before the starting time. All the session speakers and the dedicated Food Matters Live host will be connected to a virtual waiting room, where any last-minute questions can be answered. As a moderator, you will be responsible for starting the webinar.
What does chairing involve?
The chair will commence the session, introduce each presenter to speak, keep presentations running to time, and facilitate questions from the audience time permitting.
How will the Q&A session work?
If a speaker has been allocated a presentation slot, they are expecting to answer questions, managed by you, during the last 10 minutes of their slot. If a speaker is part of a panel discussion, you will be managing the questions throughout the session. BigMarker offers both Q&A and chat functions - we will see how you would like to best utilise these during the demo call.
Will I receive speaker bios prior to the seminar?
You can access speaker bios and pictures on our website. Search for each speaker here or find your seminar session here and click through to each speaker’s profile for a short biography (please note chairs only need to introduce the name and title of each speaker).
Can I see the seminar presentations in advance?
No. You can find the presentation topics/title within your session via this page. If you have further questions about the presentations, please contact the speaker directly (we can provide contact details if necessary).