Phase I: Food Matters Live Awards will open for entries in March 2020. The deadline for submissions is Friday 4 September.
Phase II: Following the first round of judging, shortlisted companies will be announced week commencing 21 September.
Phase III: The nominees will be invited to pitch their product virtually to an esteemed judging panel on 5, 6 and 7 October. This phase is only applicable to some categories*
Phase IV: The winners will be announced in a virtual ceremony taking place on Wednesday 14 October.
ENTRIES AND ELIGIBILITY
• There are no restrictions on the number of entries and categories an organisation may wish to enter. However, only one product / ingredient / innovation is accepted per entry.
• Entries are not limited to exhibitors at Food Matters Live 2020
• Each entry must be accompanied by an individual entry form and entry fee
• Any products or ingredients submitted must be trading in the UK**
• The length of the submission is limited (see maximum word count on the entry form)
• Supporting material may be uploaded via the entry form or, in the case of a video, emailed to email@example.com
• Where the entry was a collaborative effort, all major contributors should be specified within the entry
• Supporting material such as independently produced data, industry surveys, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials, press articles etc. will only be accepted if provided as part of the written submission online. No further hard copy information is required
• To aid the judging process some categories*** require physical products to be sent to be evaluated alongside their entry. Please ensure five samples are delivered between 3 August and 7 September to the attention of Sofia Rodrigues at Food Matters Limited, 107A Hammersmith Bridge Rd, London, W6 9DA, United Kingdom. Entries received without a sample will not be judged, but you will still be charged. The applicants are fully responsible for ensuring the samples arrive safely and for paying any delivery charges or VAT duties.
• Some categories* will require the shortlisted applicants to pitch their product in front of the judging panel on 5, 6 or 7 October. If you are unable to attend the virtual pitch session you will be automatically disqualified
• All categories are judged by a prestigious and independent panel of food and drink industry experts whose decision is final
• An entry fee is payable for each entry submitted into the awards
• The cost per entry is £199 + VAT. For businesses that are less than two years old, the cost per entry is £99 + VAT
• The entry fee must be paid prior to the closing date. Entries received without payment will not be judged
• Entry fees are non-refundable
* Entries to the following categories are requested to attend a virtual pitch session on 5, 6 or 7 October: Innovative Better-For-You Product of the Year, Innovative Natural & Organic Product of the Year, Reformulation Product of the Year, Fitness and Sports Nutrition Product of the Year, Gut Health Product of the Year, Plant-based Product of the Year, Nutraceutical Product of the Year, New Ingredient of the Year, New Food Product of the Year and New Drink Product of the Year.
** Entries of products to the New Drink Product of the Year and New Food Product of the Year categories that are still in conceptual stage are accepted providing a product sample with final packaging is available for the judging panel to fully evaluate and taste.
*** Product samples are required for the following categories: Innovative Better-For-You Product of the Year, Innovative Natural & Organic Product of the Year, Reformulation Product of the Year, Fitness and Sports Nutrition Product of the Year, Gut Health Product of the Year, Plant-based Product of the Year, Nutraceutical Product of the Year, New Ingredient of the Year, New Food Product of the Year and New Drink Product of the Year.