Which software will you be using for the live webcasts?
We will be using BigMarker.
Will I need to download BigMarker’s programme beforehand?
No, there is no programme available for download. You will have access to the webcast through your browser.
What are the system requirements for an optimal experience?
- Access to a desktop or laptop with microphone and webcam
- Please make sure you are on an updated version of Chrome or Firefox
- Please sign out from any app/programme that has access to your microphone and camera such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, Cisco Webex, etc...
- Ideally, you should have an internet speed of 10+mbps for both upload and download
- If possible, a wired connection is much more stable and will help prevent dropped connections and interference
- If you are planning on attending from a school, large corporation, or religious institution, make sure you are not behind a Firewall, or open the necessary ports if you are. Further information can be found here
- To increase your bandwidth, close all programs and applications not being used in your webinar and, if possible, make sure no one else in your household is using the internet during your session
- If your internet speed drops during the presentation and compromises the quality of your image and sound, we may request that you turn your camera off and continue your presentation via audio only
We recommend you check your system here!
How will I access my session?
Please open the personalised link in the calendar invite sent to you by your dedicated Food Matters Live host. When you open the link, you will be granted access to the webinar landing page. From there, please follow the on-screen instructions to join the webcast.
How long in advance can I access my session?
You are advised to join your session 15 minutes before the starting time. All the session speakers, the chair and the dedicated Food Matters Live host will be in a virtual backstage room before going live at the scheduled time.
Do I have to attend the entire seminar session, or can I just arrive when I am due to present?
You need to be present for the entire webinar session, but you may want to mute your microphone and switch your camera off during the other presentations. Please connect to your webinar session 15 minutes before its starting time.
Should I allow time for questions?
If you have been allocated a presentation slot, please ensure your last ten minutes are for questions only. If you are part of a panel discussion, your moderator will manage the questions throughout the session.
What happens if my presentation runs over time?
The chair of your session will ensure presentations are kept on time. You will be informed to wrap up your presentation if it is about to run over. Please time your presentation in advance to ensure you can complete it in the time allocated.
What are the presentation requirements?
Your presentation should be provided in a PDF format and the file size limit is 100MB. Please note anything less than 18 point will be difficult to read. Also bear in mind that if you are showing graphs/statistical information, the font size should be taken into consideration.
Is there are deadline to submit my presentation?
Yes, please send your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, 24 June. This will enable us to upload the presentation and ensure it is working in advance. Please also ensure you have your presentation saved in an easy to reach folder in your laptop should we need to access it on the day.
You will not be able to resubmit your presentation after Thursday, 24 June. If you have made changes after this date, you will need to upload it directly to the system just before your webcast.
What if my presentation is too big to email?
Please use the free web upload/drop box service: wetransfer.com/. Just upload your presentation and provide the following email email@example.com as the recipient. We will notify you once received.
Can I show video footage during my presentation?
Yes, you can show videos during your presentation, but these can not be embedded in your presentation. The webcast software can only accept YouTube videos or MP4 files no larger than 4GB. Please send any YouTube links or MP4 videos to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 24 June. If your video is too big to send via email, please use the free web service: wetransfer.com/
What will happen to my presentation after the event?
We will not be sharing your presentation after the event. However, the recordings of the webcasts will be available on demand for the Food Matters Live 2021 attendees.