Live webcast: improving community nutrition
These detailed sessions will address new thinking and strategies to tackle nutrition and poor dietary habits across communities.
Among the themes, experts will discuss new thinking to tackle obesity in adults and young people, assess best practice in communities to combat childhood obesity, explore the connection between nutrition and mental health and wellbeing and discuss measures to overcome food poverty in communities.
Join nutrition and public health experts, academics, dietitians, community practitioners, nutrition and foodservice professionals and policy makers together with health psychologists and behavioural scientists as they provide practical insights and share best practice and learnings.
Topline Themes for June 2021
Tuesday 29th June
10:00 - 11:30 Tackling obesity at a local level: developing a whole systems approach
- 10:00 - 10:30 Understanding the global scale of the problem: why is obesity policy missing the mark?
- 10:30 - 11:00 Case study of success: whole systems approaches to improving local nutrition outcomes
- 11:00 - 11:30 Panel Discussion - Next steps for public health policy: a case for positive nutrition?
12:00 - 13:30 Narrowing the gap: local progress to achieving health equity
- 12:00 - 12:30 Latest figures on the impact of social determinants on health, post-Covid
- 12:30 - 13:00 Examining the potential value of a cross-governmental strategy to tackling health inequalities
- 13:00 - 13:30 Spotlight on London-wide initiatives to address inequalities
14:00 - 15:00 Spotlight on the Covid-19 Public Health Road Map
15:30 - 17:00 Addressing the causes of malnutrition: a community action plan
- 15:30 - 16:00 Tackling disease-related malnutrition in the community
- 16:00 - 16:30 Case study: optimising care home nutrition
- 16:30 - 17:00 Examining the impact of social media and technology on attitudes towards nutrition and weight
Wednesday, 30th June
10:00 - 11:30 Championing nutrition and healthy eating habits in children at school and in the community
- 10:00 - 10:30 Policy update: what next for obesity policy?
- 10:30 - 11:00 Latest findings and lessons learned from the Childhood Obesity Trailblazer Programme: Summer 2021 update
- 11:00 - 11:30 Examining the impact of physical activity on health outcomes and attitudes
12:00 - 13:30 Incentivising healthy weight: the best approach?
- 12:00 - 12:30 Examining the package of support: aims and intentions
- 12:30 - 13:00 Case study: Singapore's National Steps Challenge
- 13:00 - 13:30 Taking a gamification approach: enhancing exercise and health programmes
14:00 - 15:30 Psychology of healthy eating
- 14:00 - 14:30 Examining the impact of multiple lockdowns and societal restrictions on eating habits: the Food in a Pandemic report
- 14:30 - 15:00 Eating as a form of behaviour: supporting positive change
- 15:00 - 15:30 Case study supporting people to adopt healthier attitudes to food and nutrition
16:00 - 17:00 Panel discussion - Making sense of the relationship between diet and mental health to improve local outcomes